Monday, February 1, 2010

Reflections through a broken mirror...

Sitting here reflecting over the last year of my life, there sure have been alot of changes. Some good...some not so good...some really bad. But all those changes are what makes me the woman I am sitting here today.

I've tried to take a long hard look at myself and my life. At first, looking into that broken mirror, I couldn't see anything. Kinda hard to see the whole picture through all those broken shards. But then I stopped and really took a long hard look and you know what I discovered? That I was able to really "see" myself in each of the shards. I was able to focus on one thing at a time. Somehow, seeing my life this way seemed less daunting, less scary. I learned that there are many thing in my life that can and will make me happy. Can and will make me sad. Can and will make me angry. I don't have to focus on the big picture. If I'm having a bad day, then I focus on a piece of mirror that reflects a good thing in my life. If I'm having a good day, the I can devote some time and energy into focusing on a bad piece and hopefully making an improvement.

I learned that I don't have to be or act a certain way due to the image that I see reflecting back at me. There are many pieces that make up the image of me and I'm learning to enjoy the view of all of them!

1 comment:

  1. Who you are changes from day to day, trust me on that one. But I can promise that no matter what, I will always be there! I love you! All of you, good, bad, pretty, ugly..all of you!

    ReplyDelete